Thursday, December 19, 2013

CHRISTMAS HYMN ...'I CANNOT TELL'


          A blessed and joyous Christmas to each of you!   In Jesus' love, Carol

My Favorite Christmas Hymn:  Carol Castagna
 
*I CANNOT TELL*
 
Text:  Ken Bible, inspired by William Y. Fullerton

Music:  Traditional Irish melody to ‘Oh, Danny Boy’


Verse I:
 
I cannot tell why He, the King of Heaven,

Should leave the peace of all eternity

Why God Himself should lay aside His splendor

To leave the Father’s side and come to me

 
But this I know:  our silence filled with singing

And all our darkness fled from heaven’s light

When Christ, the Lord

So human yet so holy

In love was born a child for me that holy night


Verse II:
 
I cannot tell why He, the Joy of Heaven

Should give Himself to suffer for my sin

Why Holy God should love me in my shamefulness

Why He should die to draw my soul to Him

 
But this I know

That Christ the Lord is risen

And praise His name

He’s risen now in me

Because He lives

I’ll rise to life eternal!

He took my guilty heart

And I’m forever free!


Verse III
 
I cannot tell when He who rules the nations

How He will claim His loved ones as His own

And who can tell the holy jubilation

When all His children gather ‘round His throne.
 
 
But this I know, All flesh will see His glory

And skies will burst as all creation sings

The sun will rise on one eternal morning ~

When Christ the Savior of the world Is Lord and King

 



...See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands.  Your name is continually before me.   Isaiah 49: 16

Holy Bible Old Testament NKJV
 

No comments:

Post a Comment