Monday, June 9, 2014

A Prayer






A Prayer  (written in 2006)


"Today, as I journal at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, I lift my heart in gratitude to you, Lord, for the opportunity of this dream realized, for the possibility of a hope fulfilled."  ( I am attending a 5 day workshop on Writing Publication.  My daughter, Jill who has an interest in journalism, is with me.  Her new Aunt and Uncle through marriage open their home to us for a night.  Judy is a concert pianist and Ray has graduated from Gordon-Conwell.  I hadn't awakened yet that morning.)

(Upon awakening, I heard the piano:  I felt as though I had awakened in heaven!)
 
Sketch by the late George Turiano, Carol's dad
   "Thank you, Lord, for this music that sweetens my morning. The hymns are so beautiful!  To  awaken to a concerto of hymns played by Your servant with her heart and soul in praise to Thee, is overpowering and brings tears to my eyes.  Thank You for this experience."

"So many people have come to me, through the years, and still do, after I have played the piano in church to say that my music is a blessing to them:  this has always been my prayer ~ that You, Dear Father, would speak to them through my music ....But today, Lord, it happened to me!  To hear these songs of praise played by this woman of God, was a blessing that You created for me!  Judy played 'Amazing Grace' and 'We Shall Behold Him,'  'Over the Sunset Mountains,' 'Beyond the Sunset,' 'He's Coming Soon' and other favorites of mine~"

a glimpse of heaven ~ a taste of heaven's joy that awaits me."


     "to be greeted in the morning with Your song
     to be with Your children
     to be in Your matchless presence now and
     to know the joy of one day seeing You face to face...!"

     "Thank you, dear Lord for these moments with You."
 




 
  Ephesians 2: 13 and 19
  But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been     brought near by the blood of Christ.
 ...Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.


Thank you, Father,  for Your sacrifice, Your resurrection and for the gift of being called a Child of God.  In Jesus' name ~Amen
 
 




 
 c 6/2014 Carol A. Castagna 

No comments:

Post a Comment