Sunday, November 17, 2013

WE ARE NEVER ALONE




WE ARE NEVER ALONE

I feel that wherever I stand is an alter and whatever room I enter is a place of worship.
My Lord is always with me, His Spirit ever-present, His love always abounding.  How sweet is the song of His name.

Psalm 31:7
I am overcome with joy because of your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles and care about the anguish of my soul.

Anyone who has gone through the trials this life can bring, and has trusted in God's tender mercies and lovingkindness, can say in sweet gratitude, with the Psalmist, 'for you have seen my troubles and care about the anguish of my soul.'  

There is nothing as sacred as the closeness that comes through a relationship with our Savior:  it is immeasurably blessed and personal, comforting and empowering.  I grew up with the Lord since ever I can remember.   We receive strength to endure, peace in turmoil, comfort in loss and healing whether it be for ourselves or for others.  I am a woman of prayer and conviction and I treasure the closeness of my walk with the Lord.  I can do nothing of any worth without Him, for He goes before me in everything I do.  There is something called grace ~ God's kindness and favor toward those who put their trust in Him.  During the times when I failed Him (and we all fail Him in this life) He never left me.  He drew me even closer to Him by His faithfulness, mercy, forgiveness, love and grace. He is not the kind of friend who turns around and walks away because we have displeased him.  He is 'all in' with us, for the long haul.  His mercy endures forever.

PRAYER:
We come before you, dear Father, with grateful hearts because you know our needs and our heartaches~ because you know us by name...and are near to comfort us in our darkest hour.  Let us feel your presence and your warm embrace.  Comfort us in our desert.  Shower us with your love.  Lead us to your sunlight with your mighty power and glorious promise.  We praise you for the hope that you have offered us through your Son, Jesus Christ, who loves us and through His shed blood and resurrection, takes away the sin of the world.   Amen
© 11 - 2013  Carol T. Castagna

John 15:13 Greater love has no man than this, that  he lay down his life for his friends.
Psalm 91: 11
For he shall give his angels charge over thee to keep you in all your ways.

New Testament, Holy Bible NKJV
Old Testament, Holy Bible NKJV