Sunday, December 1, 2013

A POEM OF THANKSGIVING: JOY COMES IN THE MORNING





 Cactus Plants on my Kitchen Bay Window
 
JOY COMES IN THE MORNING

A POEM OF THANKSGIVING
AND REJOICING IN HIS PROMISE
Lord, You have turned my mourning into dancing
My night into the sweet glow of
Moonlight
You’ve touched my life with the might of your
Healing hand
And comforted my soul in the desert
Lord, when I walked through briar and thistle you guided my way
And lifted me close to your heart to breathe your sweet
Presence
My soul sings your praise for directing me God-ward
And upward
I am content to look toward heaven and to know the
Strength of your promise
It is you, oh God, my Portion, my Redeemer, my Joy
Who breathes new life into each new day
Stay with me as I grow old and await your return.
carol a. castagna copyright October 2012
ISAIAH 55: 12 AND 13      
“FOR YE SHALL GO OUT WITH JOY, AND BE LED FORTH WITH PEACE; THE MOUNTAINS AND THE HILLS SHALL BREAK FORTH BEFORE YOU INTO SINGING AND ALL THE TREES OF
THE FIELD SHALL CLAP THEIR HANDS.
         INSTEAD OF THE THORN SHALL COME UP THE FIR TREE, AND INSTEAD OF THE BRIER SHALL   COME   UP THE MYRTLE TREE; AND IT SHALL BE TO THE LORD FOR A NAME, FOR AN EVERLASTING SIGN THAT SHALL NOT BE CUT OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment