Wednesday, September 4, 2013

GOD OF POWER





GOD OF POWER
 
Jill had a reaction from an inoculation…she had encephalitis.  Physicians gave me no hope.  They said:  I’m sorry, Mrs. G., we can do nothing for your daughter.  Jill remembers my kneeling by her bedside in prayer.  The days, weeks and months following the devastating news were grueling and agonizing.  I could only watch her decline, knowing I could do nothing to help.  I can still remember the ache in my heart:  I thought I could no longer bear it.  It affected my breathing.  I forgot how to remain still.  I forgot how to stop crying...The only way I could explain it is that I felt as though I were being turned inside out and there was no way of getting back to where I was supposed to be:  that is how painful this reality was. Only the Lord could still my restless spirit.  I spent much time on my knees:  I prayed that the Lord in His mercy would touch her, heal her and make her whole…and that if He chose not to heal her, He would help me deal with all our tomorrows and that He would walk with me and give me the strength to cope with whatever tomorrow would bring.  In His mercy, the Lord healed my daughter.  After many long and uncertain months passed, Jill fully regained her health and strength. There are no answers as to the when and why of God's healing.  The Lord was gracious and answered my prayers. Jill is without residual effects and I am forever grateful for the Lord’s healing power.  I praise Him for healing my daughter, for keeping me in His strength and might during that mournful time and for lifting me up in His mighty strength.  Truly, He is worthy of our praise!

Romans 8: 4

…the spirit also helpeth our infirmities:  for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:  but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.